Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"I will be home and showered and probably three beers in by the time Carmichael makes it in."

My "distraction of the moment" is following Armstrong at the Leadville 100. Yes, I know he's degenerated into a womanizing tabloid figure (what was up with the whole Olsen twin thing?), and I have been reminded that I should be following the Olympics, but I'm curious to see how much of a bad-ass Lance still is on the bike-- and a mountain bike no less. The race is Aug 9, by the way--- www.leadville100.com

Pushed to predict his finish time for Saturday's race, Armstrong said he thinks he'll come in in the neighborhood of eight hours, or about an hour behind the winner — which at Leadville equates to about fifth place...

"I fully expect to get beat up," he said.

He did, however, engage in a little trash talk with coach Chris Carmichael, a Leadville veteran who will compete again this year.

"I know I can beat Carmichael. I will be home and showered and probably three beers in by the time Carmichael makes it in."


No comments: