Thursday, July 17, 2008

Anysoldier.com

At our Combat Stress Control clinic we have a large set of shelves with various items sent by www.anysoldier.com. You can find my name here. This explains how it works. I am trying to beef up our stock so that I can spread the news on base that people can stop by, pick up some snacks, candy, DVDs, or razors, and maybe chat a bit with me or my technician (lots of women here too-- not sure what women like to have out here. Lotion?). I'm also going to bring stuff out to the FOBs when I travel. Mail hasn't reached this FOB for some time, so I'm not sure when stuff will come. I'd really like to set the clinic up with a TV and a DVD player and some benches or couches, but a lot of people have TVs here (some flat panel TVs in some of the hooches). I think the food and other free stuff will be my lure-- feel free to check out the website and pass the link!

5 comments:

Dr. AL said...

For toiletries which is best the hotel size or the regular small?

This gives me a reason to shop more frequently at World Market. They have all kinds of comfort and fun foods that come in small packages.

Anonymous said...

Please let me know whatever you determine would be useful/fun for the women, also how to dend said items. Having read 3 Cups of Tea and the Kite Runner and other books on the Muslim world, I am fascinated by your references and so thankful that caring/thinking individuals like you are there for the troops.

The Left Captain said...

The website has mailing instructions. Typically the travel size items or just normal sized items are fine. Some of the guys take some stuff to give to local workers, or guys who are stuck here will take toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, wet wipes... people like small cans of tuna too. That's popular.

Nichole said...

Hi, not sure if it is appropriate that I am commenting? I am a mom at the Co-op and I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Very sorry that you are there but thankful that you are sharing your experiences.
I know that one of the mom's at the school was working with a spa company to get pedicure kits together for the female soldiers. Maybe your wife can follow up?

The Left Captain said...

I'll make sure she reads the comments-- thanks for your support!